- Academic Programs
- Course Information
- Certificate in Intensive English Program for Academic Purposes
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Diploma in Fashion Performance Arts And Management (Chinese)
- Module Synopses
- Short Course
- Preparatory Course for admission to Govt. Schools in Singapore (Primary 2 to 5; Secondary 1 to 3)
- Preparatory Course for Singapore-Cambridge GCE "O" Level Examination
- Preparatory Course for International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Certificate in Business Management
- Certificate in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Advanced Diploma in Business Management
Preparatory Course for admission to Govt. Schools in Singapore
This program is specially designed for students (7-16 years old) seeking admission to government school Primary 2-5 and Secondary 1-3 as well as international schools in Singapore in the following academic year.
It is targeted to increase student's level of competency in using the English Language. The course aims to equip students with the required language and skills to pass the entrance exam (AEIS) as well as preparing students to learn other subjects taught in English.
Students who are interested in studying in mainstream government schools (primary and secondary) must take a centralized admission test conducted by the Ministry of Education (MOE). The test is held in September and October each year so that students can join the schools in January of the following year. The Admissions Exercise for students (AEIS) will involve a centralised test on English and Mathematics, and applicants who pass the tests will be offered a place in a suitable school. Students who miss the AEIS test and still wish to seek mainstream school admission, may sit for and pass the Supplementary Admissions Exercise for students (S-AEIS).The test is held in September and October each year.
What is AEIS
The Admissions Exercise for students (AEIS) test conducted by the Ministry of Education (MOE). Under AEIS, students would be able to enjoy the convenience of a centralised test in English and Mathematics, and an offer of a school place if they pass the test. Applicants who pass the test would be offered a place in a suitable government school, based on available school vacancies and their performance in the centralised test. Students who miss the AEIS test and still wish to seek mainstream school admission, may sit for and pass the Supplementary Admissions Exercise for students (S-AEIS).
Well Designed Course Program
We offer a complete approach to learning and support. Our Foundation Program is conducted in accordance with the syllabus set by the Ministry of Education (From Primary 2 to Secondary 3). The teaching will be exam-oriented to prepare students for government school's entrance exams.
Realizing that English Language would be the most challenging for students when settling into Singapore's school system, we emphasize English in our Foundation Course.
- Students will learn English as a subject itself and as a medium for learning other subjects.
- For Mathematics and Science (Optional), we teach students the understanding of mathematical and scientific terms in English.
The program combines three distinctive phases of learning:
June - You will concentrate on improving language proficiency, i.e. English and Mathematics
July to September - You will begin to study the LOCAL CURRICULUM
October to December - Prepare AEIS to join the government school (exact dates to be confirmed)
Our teachers will guide and help your child to handle the Mathematic and Science questions in English instead of his/her native language.
Full time or part time nature of the course:
Only fulltime available
Full-time: 6 months
Modes of Delivery
Lectures & Tutorials
External Examinations conducted by MOE for AEIS and S-AEIS.
Qualified and Experienced Teachers
With highly qualified and experienced teachers that we have carefully selected to teach the program, you can be assured that your children are in good hands.
Monthly Progress Report
Wondering whether your child is making any progress in his studies? Don't worry because we will send you a detailed progress report every month. These reports will include the student's attendance, tests results and the evaluation of his progress in class.
Regular Outdoor Activities
Besides preparing your child for the government school's entrance test, we will help your child to familiarize with Singapore through our monthly outdoor activities.
Our One-Stop Services
* Government School Placement Services: Principals of Academy Certification Test registration, Individual School Entrance Test registration, coordination and admission matters.
* Preparatory Course for admission to Govt. Schools in Singapore.
* Consultation and Support from our friendly and helpful staff.
* Other Services: Assistance in seeking private tutoring.
The course attendance must be at least 75% for the whole course period.
Click here to download course fee document.
Click here to view/download the miscellaneous fee document.