- Academic Programs
- Course Information
- Intensive English Program for Academic Purposes
- Diploma in Business Management
- Advanced Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Module Synopses
- Short Course
- Academic Programs (To Be Announced)
- Preparatory Course for admission to Govt. Schools in Singapore (Primary 2 to 5; Secondary 1 to 3)
- Cambridge GCE "O" Level Examinations Preparation Program
- Preparatory Course for International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Certificate in Business Management
- Certificate in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- International Students
- Studying in Singapore
- Living in Singapore
- Student’s Pass Application
- Student Admission
- Arrival in Singapore
- Student Services
- Student Support Services, Service Quality Targets & Student Handbook
- Student Activities
- Fee Protection Scheme
- Transfer / Withdrawal and Refund Policy
- Student Contract
- Medical Insurance
- Release of Examination Results and Appeal Period
- Dispute Resolution System & Feedback
Preparatory Course for admission to Govt. Schools in Singapore
This program is specially designed for foreign students (7-16 years old) seeking admission to government school Primary 2-5 and Secondary 1-3 as well as international schools in Singapore in the following academic year.
It is targeted to increase student's level of competency in using the English Language. The course aims to equip students with the required language and skills to pass the entrance exam (AEIS) as well as preparing students to learn other subjects taught in English.
International students who are interested in studying in mainstream government schools (primary and secondary) must take a centralized admission test conducted by the Ministry of Education (MOE). The test is held in September and October each year so that foreign students can join the schools in January of the following year. The Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) will involve a centralised test on English and Mathematics, and applicants who pass the tests will be offered a place in a suitable school. International students who miss the AEIS test and still wish to seek mainstream school admission, may sit for and pass the Supplementary Admissions Exercise for International Students (S-AEIS).The test is held in September and October each year.
What is AEIS
The Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) test conducted by the Ministry of Education (MOE). Under AEIS, international students would be able to enjoy the convenience of a centralised test in English and Mathematics, and an offer of a school place if they pass the test. Applicants who pass the test would be offered a place in a suitable government school, based on available school vacancies and their performance in the centralised test. International students who miss the AEIS test and still wish to seek mainstream school admission, may sit for and pass the Supplementary Admissions Exercise for International Students (S-AEIS).
Well Designed Course Program
We offer a complete approach to learning and support. Our Foundation Program is conducted in accordance with the syllabus set by the Ministry of Education (From Primary 2 to Secondary 3). The teaching will be exam-oriented to prepare students for government school's entrance exams.
Realizing that English Language would be the most challenging for foreign students when settling into Singapore's school system, we emphasize English in our Foundation Course.
- Students will learn English as a subject itself and as a medium for learning other subjects.
- For Mathematics and Science (Optional), we teach students the understanding of mathematical and scientific terms in English.
The program combines three distinctive phases of learning:
June - You will concentrate on improving language proficiency, i.e. English and Mathematics
July to September - You will begin to study the LOCAL CURRICULUM
October to December - Prepare AEIS to join the government school (exact dates to be confirmed)
Our teachers will guide and help your child to handle the Mathematic and Science questions in English instead of his/her native language.
Full time or part time nature of the course:
Only fulltime available
Full-time: 6 months
Modes of Delivery
Lectures & Tutorials
External Examinations conducted by MOE for AEIS and S-AEIS.
Qualified and Experienced Teachers
With highly qualified and experienced teachers that we have carefully selected to teach the program, you can be assured that your children are in good hands.
Monthly Progress Report
Wondering whether your child is making any progress in his studies? Don't worry because we will send you a detailed progress report every month. These reports will include the student's attendance, tests results and the evaluation of his progress in class.
Regular Outdoor Activities
Besides preparing your child for the government school's entrance test, we will help your child to familiarize with Singapore through our monthly outdoor activities.
Our One-Stop Services
* Assistance in Immigration matters: Student's Pass Application, Social Visit Pass extension, Banker's Guarantee arrangement, Medical Examination, Sponsorship; etc.
* Government School Placement Services: Principals of Academy Certification Test registration, Individual School Entrance Test registration, coordination and admission matters, processing of new Student's Pass for Government School.
* Preparatory Course for admission to Govt. Schools in Singapore.
* Consultation and Support from our friendly and helpful staff.
* Pre-enrolment Services which include airport pick up and arrival service, arranging health check up, opening of bank account, arrangement of accomodation and orientation program.
* Other Services: Assistance in seeking private tutoring, extension of Student's Pass, termination of Student's Pass, Mother's Dependent Pass application, booking of air tickets etc.
International Student must achieve at least 90% attendance rate (ICA Requirement); International Student must not be absent for more than 7 consecutive days without valid reason (ICA Requirement). Students who do not require ICA’s student’s pass must achieve at least 75% attendance rate. Our school only accept medical certificates as proof for absenteeism. Any other documents should only be accepted on a case-by-case basis with full justification and be acceptable by ICA.
(The will take effect only upon the school being awared with the EduTrust certifications.)
Click here to Download Application Form
To be announced
To be announced
To be announced
(Last Update: 21-Jun-2013)